As of October, 2018, given the announced shutdown of Google+ effective August 2019, you and/or your community should:
- Exchange permanent contact information with contacts and groups.
- A pinned Profile post is easiest to find. Update your profile "About" page with forwarding addresses. Any addresses you don't want public can be shared in private Circles or Communities, or directly.
- Similarly, you can help other refugees find you on other platforms by referencing your Google+ profile/name in your profiles there. On platforms supporting hashtags, putting #googleplus or #gplusrefugee in your profile helps as well.
- On some platforms, it is customary to announce your new arrival with a public introduction post using tags like #newhere or #introduction. This is also a good place to mention your G+ moniker and use #googleplus or #gplusrefugee.
- A public directory to find your Google+ contacts on other platforms is available here. You can add your own contact information through this form.
- Talk over and decide on your online/social-media presence after August 2019. Your closest relationships, family, friends, work, professional, or other immediate community will likely be your biggest influence.
- Start thinking about data: what you want to keep, what you can delete, and how you want to use it.
- Make a Google Data Takeout Archive. Not because this is the last time you'll need to do this, but because it's likely the first and you should familiarise yourself with the process and its limitations.
- Start assessing Google+ alternatives.
- Start developing a goal-directed plan, timeline, and actions to achieve it.
Each of these steps may involve far more detail, this is just a basic outline. Other planning sections of the Plexodus Wiki address activities and aspects in more detail and should be helpful.
- Read Exodus Planning and Scheduling to determine your goals and timeline.
- Read Data Migration Process and Considerations to determine what, if any, data export, processing, and import you will need.
- Study the Social Platforms pages to determine your needs and options.