Page goals, structure
I want this page to serve as a concise landing ground for the project.
It should be short, point to useful top-level information, orient new arrivals, and if possible guide returning contributors to what needs attention, especially new, problematic, weak, or insufficient content.
If you have differences with any of this, here's the place to talk about it.
Questions about sustainability of this wiki
To help me figure out my level of involvement, I wanted to ask, what are our thoughts regarding the sustainability of this wiki?
- Where and how is it hosted and who pays for
- electrical needs
- computational needs
- storage needs
- bandwidth needs
- How is the wiki backed up.
- If the maintainer were to be abducted by aliens, who would continue
- its sustenance and maintenance?
- its hosting administration
- its domain name registration
- its ongoing costs
- Good questions. Availability and backups would be my major concerns. If we can mirror this in a couple of places, and Woozle (https://iseeamess.com and many, many, many other sites) could almost certainly throw up a mirror. Possible useful information: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:PD_help/mirroring Cost -- User:JollyOrc would have to speak to that. I asked, he set this up.
- I am an alien. What if I abduct myself?
- Wikia is likely an option for independent operation that's likely to be sustained, so there's that.
- Durability need only be through August 2019, though I suspect information gathered here will be useful to others. It might make sense to create Wikipedia pages based on at least some of what's generated here, and I've had that in mind.